Crepes are delicious and so easy to make. We all have that sweet craving sometimes and well this perfect for it. This crepe recipe will taste like a restaurant type dessert and it is so easy to make.
Crepes are well basically a lighter version of pancakes. In my opinion the better and more delicious version. They can be eaten at any time and for savoury and dessert purposes both!
1 cup flour
1 tsp melted butter
2 large eggs beaten
1 1/2 cup milk
A pinch of salt
2 tablespoons sugar
Mix the flour, salt, sugar, and then add milk, eggs, and butter slowly while you are beating everything.
Then put on your fry pan on medium heat and add some butter.
Thinly spread the batter on the plan (unless you want a fatter crepe). When you think the top side has become dry you can flip it.
Sweet crepe recipe ideas
- Once the crepe is made you can spread Nutella and put some bananas. Eat with vanilla ice-cream. That is truly the perfect combo. But you can put in other fruits as well like strawberries.
- Double chocolate – this one is a bit heavy for me but Nutella with chocolate icecream
- A layer of Salted Caramel
- Strawberry Jam or whipped cream and strawberries
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate syrup
- Ricotta cheese and blueberries
- Cinnamon, butter and sugar
- Just plain Nutella
Savoury crepe recipe ideas
- Pesto, chicken, and cheese
- White sauce and mushrooms
- Cheese and vegetables
- Spinach and white sauce
- Spinach and cheese
- Tomato and feta
- Mushroom, pesto and cheese
For those looking for the healthy option go for wholewheat flour and replace the sugar with 1 tablespoon of sugar. It will be healthy but still delicious.
Enjoyed this recipe check out our blog on Banana Bread.
To conclude, all these ideas are delicious comment below and let us know what you like to put on your crepe.