Looking to travel but don’t want to miss a thing? it can be stressful packing especially if you are going to a place where things aren’t readily available. You also don’t want to have to go shopping for basics on your first day in a new country. That is why we have come up with a travel essentials list that you can use. You can check off the items you have put in your bag. Using a list makes your packing life easier.
This list can be used for any type of travel!
Travel essentials list:
- sunglasses (even if it isn’t a sunny destination these are essential)
- extra pair of glasses ( I have gone on a trip and lost my glasses so if you wear glasses like me take an extra pair or lenses)
- phone charger/fit bit charger
- laptop and charger (I don’t encourage working on a trip so skip this one out). Take an iPad instead if you need something
- clothes – tank tops – take 2 outfits per day so you can switch (try to make the outfits a capsule wardrobe)
- sunblock for face
- sunblock for body
- Pajamas (at least two)
- Battery pack (better to be safe than sorry)
- Face cream/oil (anything you use for your face routine)
- Hand sanitizer (now a number one essential)
- Pack of masks (who knew this would have to be part of a essential travel list)
- Razor (to take those last-minute hairs that sneak up)
- hair ties/clips
- Face towel
- Towel (depending on where you are going)
- Baby wipes
- Pads/tampons (because well period can show up unannounced sometimes)
- Underclothes (more panties is better you don’t know when that period might show up)
- going out shoes
- hairdryer (depending on where you are going)
- rain jacket (check the weather forecast)
- Swimsuit (multiple) – At least two since one will get wet
- House slippers
- Cash (convert your dollars if necessary, it is always best to have US dollars and some local currency)
- Credit Card (debit cards if they aren’t visa or master card don’t work in other countries)
- Snacks (granola bar in case)
- Water bottle
- Download books on the kindle. ( my airplane recommendation currently is Tokyo ever after – if you liked Crazy Rich Asians this is the book for you. It starts off slow but it does get better) – check out book recommendations
- Neck pillow (buy this beforehand as you will get ripped off at the airport)
You can go to the dollar store and buy a travel pack and put your shampoo/conditioner in it. You can keep reusing those for travel. Buying travel size stuff does get expensive so this is a tip for frequent fliers. Try to keep things below 100 ml so you can carry them in your hand luggage if necessary. I usually buy a perfume that is less than 100 ml because of this. Do the same for makeup.
Don’t pack as if you are going for 100 days. Pack smart and take the basics. Try to take a capsule wardrobe so you don’t have to pack too many things.
Wear the jacket and sneakers on the plane as it does get cold. It is also bulky. Take a blanket scarf for the airplane as well.